Enterprise print management is tough enough when you have a single location. In distributed environments, print management can be downright overwhelming because it calls for remote administration (a challenge in and of itself, even in this age of cloud computing) and/or a dedicated IT crew with the print management tools and expertise for each site.
Typically organizations have deployed print servers as a way to cope with print management in multi-location environments. But as too many enterprises learn the hard way, print servers often complicate multi-location situations. For one thing, they tend to fragment and obfuscate print environments when cohesion and clarity are what's needed. Another issue is that their inherent lack of robustness makes them high-maintenance solutions—a far cry from the reliable "set it and forget it" solution that multi-location environments demand.
PrinterLogic is an enterprise print management solution that gives you the print management tools you actually need to get a handle on print environments that span multiple locations. Unlike print servers, it was designed from the ground up to meet the needs of modern enterprise print environments and seamlessly bridge the physical distance between sites. It increases the transparency of print management enterprise-wide, streamlines overall administration, squashes the common driver and deployment conflicts that can bring print servers to their knees, empowers end users to lighten the burden on IT, and reduces the amount of oversight required to keep even large-scale print environments running smoothly.
- Centralized management: A single web-based console offers access to a consistent, intuitive interface from which you can manage every printer and driver within the organization. Make individual profile changes or schedule automatic mass deployments with a few clicks—all without having to get bogged down in group policy objects (GPOs) or scripts. This is an indispensable print management tool for multi-location enterprises.
- WAN optimization: Many enterprise print management solutions will send print jobs across the WAN, consuming precious bandwidth and causing network congestion. PrinterLogic leverages proven direct IP technology to print directly from endpoint device to printers, accelerating print times and overall network performance.
- User self-service: End users are not your adversary. In fact, when it comes to print management, they're your biggest asset. PrinterLogic empowers them with an easy-to-use self-service portal that enables them to perform one-click printer installations no matter where they happen to be. This saves end users from having to call the service desk. And it saves your support staff countless hours of walkthroughs and troubleshooting.
- Eliminating single points of failure: By eliminating print servers and the need for them, PrinterLogic minimizes risks to the availability of your enterprise print services. Even in the event of a WAN outage or a host server failure, local sites can continue printing as usual with PrinterLogic.
- Expanded functionality: PrinterLogic's optional Mobile Printing, Auditing, and Pull Printing modules provide you with additional print management tools that are becoming increasingly necessary for enterprise productivity. With them you can easily accommodate your mobile/BYOD users with full-featured printing capabilities, comprehensively monitor consumables usage to target printing costs across the enterprise, and implement secure printing methods that are so straightforward employees will actually make use of them.
Multi-location print environments can pose all kinds of hurdles that aren't easily overcome with traditional print management solutions. PrinterLogic is different. It unifies distributed organizations through unprecedented one-console administrative control, bringing both power and simplicity to enterprise print management.
With nearly 20 years of experience in delivering market leading IT solutions to Fortune 500 companies, Devin prides himself on driving simplicity into products that solve extremely complex IT problems. For years he has been focused on the end-user computing devices and delivering technology that provides valuable services to the end-user which enable them to be their most productive self. As Vice President of Product Management at PrinterLogic, he focuses on increasing the value customers get from the company's Enterprise Printer Management solution.