The Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) trend continues to grow in the enterprise, and Gartner predicts
that by 2017, half of all employees will be using their own devices in the workplace. Enabling printing for these personal devices in the workplace has been a constant headache for IT.
Similarly, enabling printing for contractors, partners and guests has traditionally been difficult. The need to help install and configure printers for guests, not to mention the need to monitor and control what and how much they print, makes guest printing an IT nightmare.
PrinterLogic’s Mobile Printing solution, which includes BYOD/Guest printing capabilities, gives organizations of all sizes the ability to enable any mobile employee, contractor, partner or guest to easily print to the closest printer via email, without the installation of any printers or the need for print servers.
Making Life Easier for BYOD, Partners and Guests
BYOD users, partners and guests traditionally encounter a number of difficulties when trying to print from enterprise offices. Getting authorization to print and installing printers is often a non-starter, and is difficult for both the user and IT. PrinterLogic’s Mobile Printing solution enables BYOD users, partners and guests to easily print from any device, regardless of whether personal or corporate-owned or whether they are on- or off-network.
PrinterLogic’s Mobile Printing solution enables BYOD users, partners and guests to easily print from any device, via simple email-to-print functionality regardless of whether they are on- or off-network. These users simply walk to a printer, enter its dedicated email address, email documents to that printer where it is immediately printed. Benefits include:
- No software to install—BYOD users and guests no longer need to call IT for help installing the printers at each new location they visit.
- Any device—PrinterLogic’s Mobile Printing solution enables anyone to print via email, making mobile printing simple regardless of which device type your BYOD users or guests use.
- Any printer—PrinterLogic enables email to print capabilities for any network printer—even legacy devices.
Making Life Easier on IT
Enterprise IT departments spend a large portion of their time dealing with print-related requests that stem from challenges around printing. PrinterLogic simplifies printing for those users, which drastically reduces the number of print-related service desk calls IT receives. In addition, PrinterLogic provides a number of added benefits for IT, including:
- Built-in security—Gives the enterprise complete control over who can print and to which printers.
- Retain control—Set quotas for how much guests can print, the file types they can print, limit printing to black and white only, and more.
- Supports any printer—Modernize your printing environment with PrinterLogic’s Mobile and Pull Printing solutions without the need to replace existing printer.
- Printer-specific release—PrinterLogic’s solution gives employees the ability to automatically release a print job to a specific printer from their mobile device.
With PrinterLogic, you can eliminate print servers completely, while also introducing new features like BYOD/Guest Printing—even on legacy printers. PrinterLogic replaces all the functionality that your print servers used to provide, plus additional capabilities that simplify print management and provisioning, reduce costs, and empower users to install printers for themselves, without calling the help desk.