Reduce Help Desk Calls and Empower the End User
For IT, help desk calls are expensive. Printer-related issues add up quickly and represent 10% - 15% of overall help desk traffic. The visual element of floor plan maps enables end-users to install printers on their own without interaction from the help desk. IT has the option of providing a URL, using the PrinterLogic client to create an easy link to the portal or embed the portal URL into your corporate intranet or knowledgebase application for easy access by employees.
End users access the self-service portal to see a list of printers at their location. They use the uploaded floor plan map of the branch office to interact with a visual location of the printers near them. A simple click will install the printer, keeping employees happy and efficient.
- Intuitive floor plan maps to show physical locations of printers
- Empower users to install printers on their own with a single click, reducing help desk calls
- Provide a single consistent printer installation portal across your entire enterprise
- Organize printers in an easy tree view by office location, floor, or departmental organization
- Automatically open portal to end user's physical location based on IP address
- No local admin rights required for self-service printer installation
- Display both direct IP printers and Windows shared printers
- Easy access to portal via system tray client or published URL
- Brand the portal with corporate logo
With PrinterLogic, you can replace all the functionality that print servers used to provide, while adding many new features that simplify print management and provisioning, reduce costs, and empower users to install printers for themselves, without calling the help desk.