Installing Printer Installer
Installing Printer Installer takes about 5 minutes if you already have IIS, MySQL, and PHP installed. Please note that MySQL and PHP are free products. If you need to install IIS, MySQL, or PHP, click here.
Click here to view the requirements.
Installing Printer Installer Web Application
- After IIS, MySQL and PHP have been installed, follow the below procedures to install Printer Installer.
- Request a demo version of Printer Installer by following the instructions here. Once you have received the download link, download the demo version of Printer Installer.
- Run or double-click PrinterInstaller.exe and select a temporary folder to unzip the Installation files to, then click Unzip.
- Delete any files in the web server’s c:\inetpub\wwwroot folder.
- Copy the contents of the extracted zip to "c:\inetpub\wwwroot" of your IIS Web server.
- Give rights to the web service to add drivers to the driver cache folder, by doing the following: Select the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\cache folder, right click, select properties, select the Security tab, click the Edit button, click the Add... button, type in IUSR and click OK, then in the Permissions for IUSR box click the box next to Modify, click OK.
- On the web server, click Start, type Run, and type "notepad c:\inetpub\wwwroot\config\settings.php”, and press Enter.
- Change the DBPASSWORD value to the password entered during the MySQL installation.
Note: Only change the DBServer value if your MySQL server is not installed on the same host as the IIS web server, otherwise leave the value at 127.0.0.1
- Click File, Save, and close the file.
- Open a browser and browse to http://WebServerURL/Admin, the "Prepare Database" dialog will open.
- Enter the root user username (email address) and password, and then click Continue.
- Wait for the database setup to complete and you will be presented with the Administrator login screen. See “Using the Administrator” for more information about logging in and using the Administrator.