Enable / Disable Print Job Audit Records
- When Print Job Audit records are disabled, the print job record is not recorded in the database.
- When print job audit records are enabled, a print job record is recorded in the database each time a user prints.
To enable print job auditing, do the following steps:
- Login to the Printer Installer Administrator.
- Select Tools > Settings > Client > Print Job Settings and enable the Enable Print Job Auditing option.
- On a computer running the Printer Installer Client, right click the system tray icon and select refresh or logout and login to activate the print job auditing feature in the client.
To learn how to view print job audit records, click here
- Include Local or Shared TCP/IP Printers - Print jobs will be logged for any printer managed by Printer Installer. This includes locally installed TCP/IP printers and TCP/IP printers on a print server.
- Include Local USB Printers - Print jobs will be logged for USB-attached printers if this option is enabled.
- Delete old Print Jobs Records - Automatically remove print jobs that are more than two years old.
- Include print job title in reports - If print job titles may contain sensitive information, this option may be disabled to not display print job titles in reports.
- Enable TCP/IP queue management - Enables the Queue Management feature.