To deploy printers as Windows Shared printers, instead of direct ip printers, you can enable this feature and do the following:
- Install Client on the Print Server.
- Import Printers from the Print Server.
- Configure Client Settings (Tools > Settings > Client).
- Turn on “Automatically Manage All End User TCP/IP Printers”.
- Turn on “Create connections to shared TCP/IP Printers”.
- Make sure “Microsoft Printer Conversions” is turned off.
- Deploy printers to the print server using Active Directory Computer deployment option.
- Check the “Share” box of that deployment.
Now when a printer is deployed, it will be a windows share printer, instead of direct ip.