Using and Managing Active Directory User Accounts
You can add Active Directory user or group objects to the administrative users list of the Printer Installer Administrator to allow users that are members of the added user or group object to access the Printer Installer Administrator with their AD user name and password. Only the root user can add or delete other user accounts. The root user object has a * following the user name.
Enabling Active Directory Login Authentication
To enable Active Directory Login Authentication, do the following:
- Login to the Printer Installer Administrator using a local user account
- Click on Tools > Settings > General
- In the LDAP Settings section click Add
- Enter the required information for your LDAP servers
- Click Add
- Click Save
Adding Active Directory Users or Groups to the Administrative Users List
To add AD users or groups to the administrative users list to allow administrative access to the Printer Installer Administrator, do the following steps:
- Click on Tools, and then Users.
- Click Add, and then click User. The "Add User" dialog box opens.
- Enter the name of the user you want to add.
- Enter a password, confirm the password entered
- Enter the email address of the user in the password recovery box, and click Add.
Accessing the Printer Installer Administrator using Active Directory User Authentication
To access the Printer Installer Administrator with Active Directory User Authentication, do the following:
- Open a browser and go to the URL used for accessing the Printer Installer website and add a /admin. Example: http://printers.domain.com/admin
- Enter your Active Directory username in one of the following formats: domain\username or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your password
- Hit Enter
Changing Active Directory User or Group Members Username or Password
Change the user's password and username in native Active Directory tools.