- Windows Server 2008 R2 or newer (physical or virtual).
- IIS, MySQL & PHP are automatically installed during setup.
- (2) 2.0 GHz processors or (1) 2.0 GHz processor with dual core for up to 15,000 users. Add an additional two cores for every 15,000 end users thereafter.
- 4GB RAM for up to 15,000 users. Add an additional 2GB RAM for every 15,000 end users thereafter.
- 2 GB of free hard disk space for every 100 printers.
- TCP port 80 for client communication, or 443 if using HTTPS.
- TCP port 9100 for direct printing to printers.
- UDP ports 161 and 162 for SNMP communication with print devices.
- TCP port 7627 for HP console-based print job release.
- TCP ports 443, 5222, and 5269 for Google Cloud Print integration.
- Operating System: XP, XP Embedded, XP x64, Server 2003, Server 2003 x64, Vista, Vista Embedded, Vista x64, Windows 7, Windows 7 x64, Windows 7 Embedded, Windows 8, Windows 10, Server 2008, Server 2008 x64, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, Server 2012 R2, Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11
- Browser: IE 9+, Latest Chrome, Latest Firefox, Safari 5.1+. A browser is not required if printer self-service installation is not desired. For example, if you are deploying printers by group membership, the client workstation would not need a browser.
- Hardware: Hardware capable of running the OS with 4MB free hard disk space for the Printer Installer Client installation. Add additional space for print drivers being installed.
- Importing Windows Printers: The ability to import printers from Windows print servers requires Administrator rights to the print server and the ability to connect to administrative shares (Admin$) on the print server. Network ports that must be open between the print server and the importing computer include: TCP ports 80, 139, 445; UDP ports 137, 138.
- Importing Novell Printers: The ability to import printers from Novell print servers requires Administrator rights to the Novell tree. Network ports that must be open between the print server and the importing computer include: TCP ports 80, 3396, 3014.