Importing Microsoft Printer Objects
To import printer objects from Microsoft do the following:
- Log in to the Printer Installer Administrator
- Click the tools menu
- Select Import, Microsoft Printers. The Printer Import dialog will open.
- In the left pane, browse to a print server and select the printer object(s).
- In the right pane select the folder or create a folder in the Printer Installer tree structure where you would like the printers to be imported to.
- Click the green arrow in-between the two panes.
- The printers will then be imported (copied) to the desired folder.
- Printer Name
- Printer profile settings (duplex options, paper trays, paper size etc)
Converting existing end user printers
You can have the Client automatically and silently convert end user's existing printer connections to the newly created TCP/IP printers. To convert the existing end user printers do the following:
- Open the Tools, Settings, Printer Conversions page.
- Set the Enable Printer Installer Client to Convert Microsoft Printers to TCP/IP printers option, to enabled.
- Login on a computer that has the Client installed and the Microsoft printers will be converted.