Importing Novell Printer Objects
To import printer objects from Novell, do the following from an XP machine with the Novell Client installed and the current user logged into the Novell tree:
- Log in to the Printer Installer Administrator
- Click the tools menu
- Select Import, Novell Printers. The Printer Import dialog will open.
- Select the Novell printer object(s) on the left and the desired target folder on the right.
- Click the green arrow. The printers will then be copied to the desired folder.
- Printer Name
- Printer profile (optional)
Converting existing end user printers
You can have the Client automatically and silently convert end user's existing Novell printers to the newly created TCP/IP printers. To convert the existing end user printers do the following:
- Open the Tools, Settings, Printer Conversions page.
- Set the Enable Printer Installer Client to Convert Novell Printers to TCP/IP printers option, to enabled.
- Login on a computer that has the Client installed and the Novell printers will be converted.