When end users initiate a VMware session, they expect to have nearby printers installed automatically. This is certainly possible, of course, but printer deployments in virtual environments are usually broad, one-size-fits-all approaches that affect any user on the server. That can create a driver management nightmare and even degrade network performance on account of the high WAN overhead required for relaying print jobs to endpoint devices. VMware printing can be especially tricky when users roam within a session because printers are not reliably and dynamically reassigned as users move between floors or buildings.
PrinterLogic makes VMware printing intelligent and seamless. That’s because PrinterLogic has the ability to effectively pinpoint who your VMware users are, where they are physically located, and deliver the printers and drivers specific to their needs on the basis of a variety of criteria such as Active Directory (AD) user, group, organizational unit (OU), IP address range, or hardware identifiers (MAC addresses or endpoint hostnames).
PrinterLogic centrally manages VMware printing, simplifying printer deployment and driver management while allowing you to take advantage of technologies such as compression and encryption. PrinterLogic can even replace VMware printing functionality altogether by leveraging its powerful direct IP device and driver management tools. That results in benefits such as:
- Self-service printer installation—Empowering end users, even those in virtual sessions, to carry out routine installations themselves.
- Effortless location-based printing—Delivering the right printers to the right users, no matter where they happen to be.
- Improved driver management—Making it easy and intuitive to administer specific drivers for endpoint devices.
- Printer profile pre-configuration—Allowing you to reliably assign detailed custom settings to specific users.
- Faster logons—Boosting basic productivity thanks to enhanced network performance and efficient printer installation.
- No rights management—Eliminating the headache and hassle of group policy objects (GPOs) and other authorization protocols.
- Automatic printer deployment—Ensuring more streamlined and targeted deployment without manual intervention.
If VMware printing is essential to your organization, PrinterLogic is the ideal print management solution. It brings new levels of simplicity and control to printer installation and deployment in VMware sessions, creating a smoother and more seamless experience for you as well as your end users.